Blockbuster Originals vs. Nostalgia

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    AppFlicker#1
    Keymaster

Blockbuster Originals vs. Nostalgia

We compared 2021’s best exclusive Streaming Films & Series, Games and Music coming to your favorite Apps & Devices…

With over twenty-plus premium Apps streaming hundreds of first run and thousands of nostalgic favorites to your device of choice, the incentive to ditch old-school Broadcasts and costly Cable & Satellite subscriptions is so compelling. While the time to switch to streaming has certainly never been hotter, are you prepared to give up your LIVE Network, Local, Radio, Sports & News programming? What about that Game Console or your Physical Media library?

AppFlicks highlights the key differentiators between Video (Series & Films) streaming such as first movers Netflix, Hulu & Prime Video, recent entries by AppleTV+ & Disney+ and with HBOMax, Peacock & Tubi. We will examine game changers such as Amazon Luna, Apple Arcade & Google Stadia looking to disrupt traditional Gaming media. Not forgetting that this streaming wave of change started with Napster. Today, we have Music subscription services from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music & Deezer to Google Play Music, Pandora & Spotify – All of these…vying for your the attention of your ears, your fingers and your eyes.

So, what will it be? Black Mirror, Game of Thrones’ House of The Dragon, Jack Ryan, The Morning Show or Star Wars The Mandalorian? Will you choose to select à la carte services or do you prefer to bundle a number of them to best match your consumption habits, budget and programs based on your favorite intellectual properties such as Big Bang Theory, The Boys, Cobra Kai, Disney, Friends, Justice League: The Snyder Cut, Looney Tunes, Lord of The Rings, Marvel, Peanuts, Pixar, Sesame Street, Star Trek, Transformers or The Witcher?

Which programs will drive you to Streaming? Which Streaming App or App bundles will you choose? While Streaming seems so novel, something tells me, however, that as the Streaming industry grows, the cost will become prohibitive for both the Studio (losing Box Office Revenue) and eventually, the Consumer. Imagine if Ad-based or Premium tiers are added? How restrictive will that become? Wonder if one day, Streaming TV will be the same or more restricted as Cable TV is, currently?

I look forward to your JoulePepper rating of my JouleView about “Blockbuster Originals vs. Nostalgia” and I’d love to read your comments in the JouleStream section, below. Let’s make it a discussion! Based on what I shared above, I give the freedom that Streaming Platforms and their diverse Programs offer, a 5 out of 5 JoulePeppers – it’s Spicy!

About AppFlicks:

Join the AppFlicks community as either an AppFlicker CriticJoulePepper Contributor or AuteurX Creator via our Login page. Once you do, at the JoulePepper Contributor level, you can not only rate everything via our Icy OR Spicy JoulePeppers, you can also comment on anything across the Website, vote in JoulePoll Polls and author your very own JouleView Reviews & JouleStream Forums.

Stay up-to-date with the latest Entertainment Buzz, check out our curated RSS feeds for News, Gossip, Trailers and Popular: Play (Games), Watch (TV Series / Films) & Listen (Music) across AppFlicks. Click, for more JouleView Programs Forums. To find a specific title, use Search from top-left dropdown menu.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Rate this content?

Average rating 5 / 5. JouleGage 1

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.