Ironically, favorite Super Hero Apps aren’t Streaming the best Original Series

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ronvining
    Keymaster

Ironically, favorite Super Hero Apps aren’t Streaming the best Original Series

While most Comic Book Super Hero fans might be divided about who is better Warner Brothers / HBO Max streaming DC theatrical adventures vs. Disney+ / Marvel Studios containing every mighty MCU film along with recent additions of 20th Century Fox legacy X-Men & Fantastic Four titles with Deadpool coming to the Star tab (unfortunately not for those in USA).

Perhaps an honorable mention would go to Sony for their Spiderman / Venom titles, opps…they are one of the few studios without a streaming platform, outside of Playstation. So the third place finish goes to Netflix for their rights to stream DC Titans, Black Lightning, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl & Legends of Tomorrow in addition to Marvel Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones & The Defenders.

Setting this debate aside, for the moment, my favorite original Super Hero series is found on Amazon Prime Video and if you hadn’t guessed already by the featured image, it’s the totally irreverent The Boys (2019). I can’t say enough about this R-rated series which features “Compound V” created “Super Heroes” – Homelander, Stormfront, Starlight, Queen Maeve, A-Train, The Deep, Black Noir & Translucent that are challenged by “The Boys” – William “Billy” Butcher, Hugh “Hughie” Campbell Jr., Marvin T. Milk, Frenchie and Kimiko Miyashiro. A Season 3 of this dark satire is in post production and will soon be competing amongst HBO Max’s DC exclusive Jack Snyder’s Justice League and Disney+ Falcon And The Winter Solider & WandaVision Marvel exclusives.

I look forward to your JoulePepper rating of my JouleView about, Which App is Streaming The Best Super Hero Content” and I’d love to read your comments in the JouleStream section. Let’s make it a discussion!

Based on what I shared above…

While Prime Video gets 1 of 5 JoulePeppers – it’s Cold! However, I give the The Boys, 5 of 5 JoulePeppers – it’s Spicy!

In terms of which of other streaming Apps contain the best overall Super Hero content:

I give Max, 3 JoulePeppers – it’s Warm! Why? Because they don’t contain every piece of DC content as of yet.

I give Netflix, 4 of 5 JoulePeppers – it’s Hot! Why? Beyond having Hancock, the content (at least for now) is a great mix of DC / Marvel programming not yet found on Disney+ or HBO Max.

I give Disney+, 5 of 5 JoulePeppers – it’s Spicy! Why? Three letters… MCU. The best executed, connected Super Hero universe to date and with recent additions of Fox titles, new original series and for those who also gain access to Star content, even more Marvel in the form of Deadpool and now all of the Marvel content once only found on Nexflix.

Note: Not all content stated above is found on all streamers / regions due to licensing agreements.

About AppFlicks:

Join the AppFlicks community as either an AppFlicker Critic, JoulePepper Contributor or AuteurX Creator via our Login page. Once you do, at the JoulePepper Contributor level, you can not only rate everything via our Icy OR Spicy JoulePeppers, you can also comment on anything across the Website, vote in JoulePoll Polls and author your very own JouleView Reviews & JouleStream Forums.

Stay up-to-date with the latest Entertainment Buzz, check out our curated RSS feeds for News, Gossip, Trailers and Popular: Play (Games), Watch (TV Series / Films) & Listen (Music) across AppFlicks. Click, for more JouleView App Forums. To find a specific title, use Search from top-left dropdown menu.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Rate this content?

Average rating 4 / 5. JouleGage 1

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.